Autobiography Outline Template
What Is An Autobiography?
An autobiography is a written record of the author’s life. It tells the life story of its author. Some autobiographies are written in the form of a fictional tale, novel or story that closely mirrors events from the author’s real life.
An autobiography is written in the form below:
Autobiography Outline Template
1. Family History
You should include the following in the family history section:
- Place and date of birth
- Family system
- number of people in your family
- name, age and gender of all siblings and your relationship with each
- Are you the youngest, oldest?
- describe your parents relation with each other and your relationship with them
- describe your parents relationship with your siblings
- Describe the saddest and happiest events in your childhood.
2. School History
Your school history section should include the following:
- List your education history and where it was done including the years.
- Describe your school experiences
- State if you were the most successful in school
- What was the most difficult moment or activity in school?
3. Work History
The following tips should guide you in describing your work history:
- List all the places you have been employed in your life with the dates and descriptions of the jobs done and positions held. State the reasons for leaving these jobs.
- State whether you ever received any awards or commendations for your work.
- State and explain if you have ever been fired or terminated.
- What did you enjoy the most about your job?
- What did you find the most difficult in your job?
- Were you allowed to exercise leadership in any capacity when working?
4. Spiritual Development
Describe your spiritual development using the following tips:
- Name key people in your life that have influenced your image of God and the church. State how these people made an impact in your life.
- Describe who god is to you.
- State whether you have ever been in any spiritual direction.
- State whether you have been of service to others in the church.
- State any skills that you brought into church to share with others.
5. Relational Development
You can use the following tips to describe your relational development section:
- How did you make friends and maintain friendships?
- What does your social involvement consist of?
- Describe your best friend and how they would describe you
- Describe your most interpersonal relationships
- How do you relate to authority figures?
- How do you take praise and criticism?
- What has been your greatest disappointment?
- Have you dated? Have you been engaged or married? Have you had any other exclusive relationships?
- What has been your most important relationship outside your family?
6. Personal Development
The personal development section could be answered with the following questions:
- What do you like to do for leisure?
- Do you have any addictive tendencies?
- What was the most eye-opening experience of your life?
- What are the most memorable books that you have read in your life?
- What are your personal strengths?
- What would you say are your weaknesses?
- Describe one of the biggest decisions you have made in life?
- What are the major problems you have faced in life?