This activity will be a continuation of the Milestone 1: Health History that you submitted in Week 4. In this part of the assignment you will take the information you gathered, analyze the data, and develop a nursing care plan.Course OutcomesThis assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:CO #3: Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO #3)CO #4: Identify teaching/learning needs from the health history of an individual. (PO #2)CO #5: Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and providing appropriate documentation. (PO #6)PointsThis assignment is worth a total of 250 points.Directions1. Download the NR305_Milestone2_Form from Doc Sharing. You will type your answers directly into this Word document. Your paper does NOT need to follow APA formatting, however, you are expected to use correct grammar, spelling, syntax and write in complete sentences.2. Save the file by clicking Save as and adding your last name to the file name, e.g., NR305_Milestone2_Form_Smith3. Submit the completed form to the Dropbox
Please separate each questions answer so: Question 1: answer and references, Question 2: answer and references
250-300 WORDS 2 SCHOLARLY REFERENCES (PREFER NURSING JOURNALS-ALL WITHIN 5 YEARS) EACH QUESTION. APA FORMAT, INTEXT CITATIONS ARE REQUIRED-REFERENCES MUST MATCH IN TEXT CITATIONS AND VICE-VERSA!! The bulk of a posting or assignment needs to be original thought (at least 75%) supported by a reference.
After reviewing the resources in the Weekly Guide/Week 2, identify a clinical problem within the nurses practice setting related to patient care. Develop a research question utilizing the PICO format (SEE ATTACHED). Determine how the research question could guide the nurses search of the literature to address the issue to implement a change in practice. Explain the benefits to interprofessional research collaboration to improve patient health outcomes.
PICO (T) Information:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoXSTjSxkr8
Define and explain the significance quantitative research methodology. Discuss the different types of quantitative research design. Identify and describe a minimum of two types of sampling techniques used in quantitative research. Describe methods for collecting data for quantitative research.
NRS-427V Week 2 Benchmark Assignment: Epidemiology, Nursing and a Communicable Disease Paper
Concepts in Community and Public Health – Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases
Grand Canyon University
In a written paper of 1,200-1,500 words, apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease.
Communicable Disease Selection
Choose one communicable disease from the following list:
5. Hepatitis B
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Include the following in your assignment:
1. Description of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
2. Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
3. Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. (The textbook describes each element of the epidemiologic triangle).
4. Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding, reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up).
5. Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
A minimum of three references is required.
Refer to Communicable Disease Chain.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.