Support Evidence-Based Practice
Theoretical Framework to Support Evidence-based Practice: PowerPoint Presentation
Guidelines with Scoring Rubric
Master’s prepared nurses actively engage in the process of translating nursing knowledge into practice, thereby establishing evidence-based approaches within the discipline. Throughout this process, a theoretical framework provides a meaningful context to guide and support the evidence-based practice. The purpose of this assignment is to identify a theory or model which can be used as a framework for a future evidence-based project within the MSN program.
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes:
· Apply nursing theory as a framework to guide the translation of knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practice in future professional settings. (CO #2)
· Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to the components, relationships among the components, and application to advanced nursing practice. (CO#4)
Total Points Possible
This assessment is worth 100 points.
Submit your file(s) by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 7.
Requirements (PLease use the table instead this here!!!!!!) Table contains more detail info
Criteria for Content
Review literature regarding issues or concerns within your selected area of advanced practice nursing.
Select a theory or model which is relevant to your selected area of advanced practice nursing and would offer a meaningful context for evidence-based practice surrounding the issue or concern which you identified.
1. In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following.
a. Introduction to the presentation
b. Identify and describe a theory or model, and explain its relevance to the selected area of advanced practice
c. Describe an issue or concern regarding the selected area of advanced practice, and explain its impact on health care outcomes
d. Explain how the theory or model can be used as a framework to guide evidence-based practice to address the issue or concern, and discuss the unique insight or perspective offered through the application of this theory or model.
e. Conclusion to the presentation
Preparing the presentation
1. Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013™ to create the PowerPoint presentation.
2. Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be 7 total slides (excluding title and reference slides).
3. Speaker notes are used and include in-text citations when applicable.
4. A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature sources must be used.
5. Submission: Submit your files.
Best Practices in Preparing the Presentation
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation:
1. Review directions thoroughly.
2. Follow submission requirements.
3. Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included.
4. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
5. Review the Creating a Professional Presentation located in Course Resources.
6. Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
7. A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature sources must be used.
8. Abide by CCN academic integrity policy.