Simple Essay Outline: Basic Outline Example
Easy Essay Outline
An essay is a piece of writing that gives the writer’s own arguments. It serves the purpose of presenting new information or applying already existing knowledge to deliver a point. An essay enables writers to communicate by developing ideas.
The following is a simple essay outline:
You need to write an introduction to briefly introduce the topic and explain how your topic will be answered. The first sentence of your introduction should get the reader interested and motivate them to read on. Your introduction should:
- Set out the context of your argument.
- Introduce the context of your essay.
- Introduce the theoretical perspectives that you will use.
- Set out your thesis statement.
- Explain how your essay will be organized.
An essay should have a body that consists of several paragraphs. Your body paragraphs are the source of information for your readers. These paragraphs should:
- Present a topic sentence supporting your thesis statement/point of argument.
- Contain developing sentences that extend the topic sentence.
- Give evidence and examples which support or relate to your topic sentence.
- Provide a concluding sentence.
You should end your essay with a strong finishing to remind your readers what they first read. A good conclusion should:
- Restate your thesis statement.
- Summarize the points and evidence that you have provided to support your thesis statement.
- Suggest areas for further research and investigation.
Provide evidence for the sources which you have drawn ideas from to support your topic sentences.