Think and Grow Rich Summary
Think and Grow Rich Summary
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Think and grow rich is a self-improvement and personal development book inspired by the philosophies of Andrew Carnegie. The intended audience is people who want to pursue their goals and become wealthy through action. The following is a summary of some of the lessons from the book think and grow rich:
- Develop desire. The main focus for anyone who reads the book is the development of their desire. In order to become rich, you must have a burning desire to can carry you through all the obstacles to achieve your goals and give you motivation when things become difficult.
- Have a monetary goal in mind. One of the best ways to solidify your desire and motivate yourself to keep going when the going gets tough is having an exact amount of money on your mind. Do not just settle for becoming rich. You also need to have a precise monetary goal solidified before you start your activities. Your ending point should be high but achievable and make it as definite and exact as you can.
- Pick a Date. According to Hill, you should pick a date by which you need to have achieved the monetary goal you set at the beginning of these steps. This helps you motivate yourself and pushes you through down periods in your process. It will also light a fire under you if you are currently on track to acquire your monetary goal on time before your deadline.
- Determine Your Skills. You need to determine what you are going to give in return for these riches. No one becomes rich by doing nothing. Therefore, you need to look at your skills and talents and figure out what you can give out best in order to become rich and meet your monetary goal. Be specific in what you plan to do to acquire that cash Like with the monetary goal.
- Make a Plan. You should then focus on preparing a plan that will lead you to your riches and success. Your plan needs to be thoroughly detailed so that you can follow a step-by-step procedure to acquire your monetary goal on time. You should start working on your plan as soon as it is set.
- Record everything in writing. You need to write everything that you have just thought of should in a clear statement. This will not only serve as an effective record for you to keep track of your goals and plan but will also act as a checklist that you can use to cross out your goals once you meet them.
- Read it Out Loud. Hill suggests that you should read out loud your written statement twice per day. The most preferred times for this reading are first thing in the morning and just before you go to sleep at night. Your plan and goals should be the first and last things on your mind and will help you dream of better ways to reach your money.
- Lack of Self Confidence is Your Greatest Weakness. According to the hill, the greatest weakness one can have is a lack of self-confidence. Anyone who plans to become rich needs to have plenty of self-confidence as this can turn into courage and motivation for your plans. There are ways to go get self-confidence if you don’t already it.
- Failure is Not the End. Every successful person has experienced failure at some point in their life. The difference between the truly successful and actual failures is that those who stumble fail to reach their goals. Think and grow rich goes over how important it is for a person to plan for their failures and accept temporary defeat without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- The Mastermind Group. Hill strongly suggests that you should surround yourself with a bunch of smart people who can give you good advice and who will give you assistance. Your mastermind group should consist of go-getters and self-motivated individuals since unmotivated people can drag you down.
- Decisiveness is best. When making a decision, it is always best to be decisive rather than go through multiple options several times. Determine your own opinions and follow them, unless someone in your mastermind group counteracts your opinion with well-thought-out advice.
- Be persistent. You must not quit no matter your goals, monetary situation, or career-wise. Persistence is a state of mind, and it comes from knowing what you want, cultivating a strong desire, developing a plan, and following through on that plan each day.