What was the cause-specific mortality rate from malaria?
Prior to completing this worksheet, review the lessons, reading and course text up to this point. Also review the tables of calculations. Each question is worth five (5)
points. There is only one right answer for each of the ten problems.
1. The population in the city of Springfield, Missouri in March, 2014 was 200,000.
The number of new cases of HIV was 28 between January 1 and June 30th 2014.
The number of current HIV cases was 130 between January 1 and June 30th 2014.
The incidence rate of HIV cases for this 6 month period was:
A. 7 per 100,000 population
B. 14 per 100,000 population
C. 28 per 100,000 population
D. 85 per 100,000 population
2. The prevalence rate of HIV cases in Springfield, Missouri as of June 30, 2014 was:
A. 14 per 100,000 population
B. 28 per 100,000 population
C. 79 per 100,000 population
D. 130 per 100,000 population
3. In a North African country with a population of 5 million people, 50,000 deaths occurred during 2014. These deaths included 5,000 people from malaria out of 10,000
persons who had Malaria.
Ask a Question (https://www.hometaskguru.com/question/post)
Home (https://www.hometaskguru.com/) / Main Subjects (https://www.hometaskguru.com/browse/main)
/ Health Care (https://www.hometaskguru.com/browse/subject/19/Health-Care)
/ General Health Care (https://www.hometaskguru.com/browse/subcategory/253/General-Health-Care) / Question on General Health Care
Inappropriate content? Let us know. (https://www.hometaskguru.com/home/report/q/103308)
NR503 – The population in the city of Springfield, Missouri in March, 2014 was 200,000.
Asked by sharpie
Dated: 30th Jul’15 07:47 AM
Bounty offered: $16.00
Search for existing questions and tutorials…
Hello! How can I help you?
(Note: This is a paid service)
Type here and press enter..
Tutor Support – Online
Powered by tawk.to
10/9/2017 NR503 – The population in the city of Springfield, Missouri in March, 2014 was 200,000. – SKU 103308
What was the total Annual Mortality Rate for 2014 for this country? (please show your work)
4. What was the cause-specific mortality rate from malaria? (please show your work)
5. What was the case-fatality percent from malaria?
6. Fill in and total the 4 X 4 table for the following disease parameters:
Total number of people with lung cancer in a given population =
Total number of people with lung cancer who smoked =
Total number of people with lung cancer who did not smoke =
Total number of people who smoked =
Total number of people in the population =
Fill in the missing parameters based on the above.
YES LUNG CANCER
NO LUNG CANCER TOTALS
90 — 150
30 — —
120 — 350
7. From Question 6, what is the total number of people with no lung cancer?
8. From question 6, what is the total number of people who smoked, but did not have lung cancer?
9. Set up the problem for relative risk based on the table in #6.
10. Calculate the relative risk.